Saturday, October 1, 2011

Everyone Needs a New Look

I have been feeling a little dark here at Paulasstitchwitchery!  I wanted to brighten things up.  I still want to change the banner also but not yet,  TallGrassPrairieStudio
 got such a fabulous new look that I though I needed a change!

On to quilty matters.......  I finished this up last night.
My niece is giving it to her sister at her baby shower today.
This is my own creation and I must say I am pleased with the way it turned out.  It is about 50 inches square and I called it Bubbles!

Kona Solids were the choice and while not my color palette it did turn out pretty good.  I quilted with an all over meander and did a scrappy binding.


For the backing.....  I used a little Central Park by Kate Spain.  One of my favorite lines definitely.  I did a little quick piecing just because I have to piece the backs!  It turned out OK too.


Just to give you a quick update on other projects;  I finshed this little Swoon block wall hanging and sent it off to a coworker in St. Louis.  Oh how I love this block.  I also sent along a little personalized mug rug for her desk

I am off to work on my potholders for the secret swap with the Portland MQG.  I have to work today so I had best get busy.............update on the fabulous sewing cabinet next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment