Sunday, April 3, 2011

484 inches!!

After sewing 484 inches of binding since Christmas I finally finished this little beauty...

It was difficult to get a half way decent photo of this one.  It measures 120 x 120 and I have nowhere to lay it out or hang it up!   I am very happy with the way it turned out.  It is all batik and I think I would keep it for my own if I could get away with it! 

I made this for my niece Mindy who asked me for a bed quilt.  I started it shortly after her birthday last year (May 1) and was determined to have it finished for her birthday this year.  I gave this quilt to Angela Walters to quilt for me.  I just wasn't up for this challenge!!  Mindy told me she liked fall colors so that was my theme.  This is a Debbie Maddy "Cosmic Jewels" pattern.

It is beautiful in Kansas City today so I think we will spend most of the day outside.  We have waited a long time for this weather!

Hope you all enjoy your day.

2 comments: