Monday, March 14, 2011

Robert Kaufman "No Prints Allowed" Challenge

I wanted to post about this but I forgot to get any photos of my finished quilt!  Shea and Nikki kindly took some at the March KC MQG meeting so I swiped them and here they are

Above you see the back!  I really like how the back turned out
It is so bright and cheerful.  Made from a pastel solid jelly roll.

This is the front of the quilt which is a Whirlygig made from a pastel charm pack and Kona white.  I got some little shell, pearly, flower shaped buttons and tacked them to the center of each whirlygig.  I thought to my self that it would be a great way to hide seams that don't match up....even though that was certainly not my issue!!

I quilted it pretty heavily with a variegated pastel shiny thread in a paisley pattern.  I am happy with my final product. I left it with Jaime at the meeting to be photographed in April, sadly I will miss the April gathering.

Thanks so much to Robert Kaufman for donating these charm packs so all of us could be creative with their fabulous solid fabric.  As most of you know I love a solid quilt.  There is just something intriguing about making something fabulous without a print in sight.  You have to make your statement with color.  I like that challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your quilt back, Paula! Almost more than the front... :) I've got a Pastel solids jelly roll that I'm making hexies with!

    ReplyDelete