Monday, March 21, 2011

Making Progress

Those two piles of fabric in my last post have now become one.  This is a pile of about 180 half blocks that need to be trimmed and pressed and then joined.













Needless to say I did a bit of chain piecing of the blocks.  Made pretty quick work of this process.  Rather than sitting and drawing a line through the center of the smaller block, 180 times!...I placed a piece of painter's tape on the center line of my machine.  Line the front point of the square up on the tape and that kept me straight through the center of the block.


Tonight, a little trimming and pressing!  This was an impromptu project....I need to get back to the others!!

I joined the Tokyo Subway swap group on Flickr...despite my pledge to stay out of the swaps for a little while.  I must get started on my Christmas quilts for the nieces!!!  If I don't get started, I won't get finished.......

Have a great productive week.

No comments:

Post a Comment