Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vacation at Home

So, I am on vacation this week...use or lose so I am using!  A vacation at home is great for me...it means lots of time in the sewing room and time with my better half, and the dog.  She loves to lay under my quilting table!

I finished the heart quilts for the greats on time even and they seemed to like them.  I started quilting my "No Prints Allowed" top yesterday morning.  Worked off and on all day and finished.  I've got the binding half done so this one is a finish way early for me.  Today I am going to get Carla's KC Scrappy Bee blocks done so then I can dedicate myself to the Doll Quilt Swap 10.

I decided not to buck the system , (who wants Jacquie's wrath?) and piece a solid quilt back.  My quilting turned out to be tolerable...maybe a little better than that so I am pleased.  I could get used to this vacation at home thing.  So far it has been wonderful!

Keep on sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this twister block! Is it fun? I'm ashamed to say that I still have not even unwrapped my solids challenge charm pack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time out! Do you have a longarm machine?! Do tell! I've signed up for a "driver's ed" class in San Diego and can't wait for the first class in the 17th!

    ReplyDelete