Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dresden Progress

I spent a little time with these blocks this morning...early!  I must admit I am happy with the way they turned out.

You have to be aware of which side of the blade is light and make sure all of your blades are the same, with the light on the same side, otherwise it looks a bit disjointed.  I am happy with the batik.  It is crisp and easy to work with.  I love the color variations in batik.


Now I have the two large blocks made....they will be 22 x 22 so I will have to figure out the rest of my design.  It is not going to be huge but it will require a little figuring!

I have auditioned a few fabrics for the centers.  They are posted on Flickr.  Which one do you like??  I am leaning toward either the turquoise or the yellow/green.  I need to find a nice purple to try also before I decide.  I didn't like the black at all.  They all may have different centers before it is done!

Hope you are having a good sewing weekend.




3 comments:

  1. Umm...TURQUOISE!! I think it goes nicely with purples in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my goodness, Paula! This is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete