Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vacations and other things....


My husband and I took off on a sightseeing vacation recently. It is unusual for us but we wanted to go visit these guys in person. It had been about 40 years since I had been to visit! Chief Crazy Horse has changed drastically in that time. He got a face!! They are working on getting his horse's head in place as their next endeavor. Mt Rushmore has improved the walking trails and access to view the monument. The weather was fantastic.
We took beautiful drives through the Badlands National Park as well as Custer State Park which was full of wildlife to include buffalo, prairie dogs, antelope and wild burros that ate apples and carrots from our hands. All in all it was a great trip.
I can't tell you how much I missed my sewing room while I was gone! If only there was a way to take it along so I could have a little therapy each evening! I stopped by a great little quilt shop in Hill City, South Dakota called the Quilt Corral Too. It was a fantastic shop and they were all very nice. I got a few pieces of fabric to fondle while I was away. I have some projects I have been working on since I returned. I will show you those in my next post.
It is a cool sunny Saturday and I am headed to the sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment